Chili recipes are one of those comfort foods I can’t live without. In today’s post be inspired to create a simple and super tasty chili recipe for your family to enjoy. If you are a fan of my site you know I am a big chili maker almost year-round.
Instant Pot Options with Simple and Super Tasty Chili
Don’t click away! IF you don’t have an Instant Pot or an Electric Pressure Cooker I share a link here to the products I recommend. ALSO you can use this recipe on the stovetop! Check out the video below.
Find more of my Videos on Bren Haas YOuTube Channel.
This DIY (do it yourself) recipe is one your entire family will enjoy because it is loaded with fresh ingredients. Make your guest think you slaved over a stove for hours to serve them this nutritious meal. DIY Simple Super Tasty Chili Recipe by Bren Haas is one you will want to print so be sure to scroll down and take advantage of that option.
Do you have an Instant Pot or an Electric Pressure Cooker? I use mine more than my stovetop these days. I have been using the Power Electric Instant Pot almost daily since 2015. This recipe is super simple to create in that appliance allowing you to enjoy the meal at your convenience. You can also cut down on clean up time following these directions.
In The Garden
Below are a few of the fresh produce from my garden. It isn’t uncommon for me to whip up a few batches of Super Tasty Chili at the end of season throwing in what is from the garden. Below are a few of my favorites from the home garden.
Romas, Super Saucy Tomatoes, and even tiny bite-size ‘Candyland’ tomatoes can be used in this recipe. Add some heat by throwing in a hot pepper like this Habanero Primero Red Pepper.
What are you growing in Your Garden?
How to Cook Simple and Super Tasty Chili in the Electric Pressure Cooker
It is super easy to enjoy this meal in a matter of minutes. Prep time is about 20 minutes if you have fresh hamburger ready to be cooked up. For this recipe, I used a 90% / 10% Fat and it was super smooth with no grease. Check out this printable recipe.
- 1 lb. of ground beef ( I’m using sirloin burger)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 anaheim peppers chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 6 cups of stewed roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning
- 12 oz black beans drained
- 12 oz of pinto beans drained
- salt to taste
- Heat up soup or stock pot
- Brown the ground beef in stock pot
- In same pot move brown ground beef to the side and add onions and garlic.
- Saute onions and garlic – mix into ground beef. Push to side of soup pan.
- Add peppers saute for about 5 minutes before mixing with meat mix already in soup pan.
- Add seasoning.
- Carefully pour in the stewed tomatoes. If you do not have roma use any other fresh stewed tomato you enjoy.
- Add the beans after draining to the soup pan. Mix well.
- Let simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chili is nice and bubbly.
Inspired by memories from my childhood and things that I grow in my home garden.
Images of the Simple and Super Tasty Chili
Here are a few photos from the kitchen while whipping up this simple recipe. I used black beans and chili beans from Aldi for this feature. I really need to work on growing more beans in my home garden.
Below are some more awesome recipes using the Power Pressure Cooker.