There are many types of meatballs using different types of meats and spices but this recipe is my favorite! In this post I share a super quick and tasty way to make pressure cooker Italian Meatballs. Be sure to scan down and check out the details including the printable recipe. Images and videos on this post to show how easy this recipe really is in the electric pressure cooker.
Pressure Cooker Italian Meatballs Recipe
This is a traditional recipe with a modern-day spin preparing in the Electric Pressure Cooker. Check out the simple directions below and scroll down on the post for the printable version of the recipe. Using fresh ingredients or frozen meats works for this recipe. I prefer using fresh herbs from my garden instead of the dried spices. For the pasta sauce, you can mix up your own or use store-bought. For today’s post, I cheated and used one of my favorite (and cheap) sauces from Aldi.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients but the spaghetti sauce. (I like to mix with my hands!)
- With a 1-inch cookie scoop or a spoon, form round meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Form a layer of meatballs in the bottom of your pressure cooker and then continue to layer up as long as you have remaining meatballs.
- Pour pasta sauce over top of the meatballs and lock the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with a 10-minute natural release followed by a quick release to let out any remaining pressure.
- Serve meatballs on top of spaghetti, by themselves, or as meatball sandwiches on toasted hoagie buns with melted mozzarella cheese.
Ingredients you will need:
- ground Italian sausage
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- pasta sauce
Details on the ingredients and additional cooking instructions below.
Pressure Cooker Italian Meatball Printable Recipe
Inspired by my Electric Pressure Cooker!
Pressure Cooker Italian MeatballsCourse: Main MealCuisine: Italian | American
1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon Italian dried spice seasoning
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 cup of beef broth
In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients but the spaghetti sauce. (I like to mix with my hands!)
With a 1-inch cookie scoop or a spoon, form round meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
Place short rack at the bottom of the electric pressure cooker before adding 1 cup of beef broth in pot.
on top of the rack, form a layer of meatballs in your pressure cooker and then continue to layer up as long as you have remaining meatballs. There should be about 20 meatballs.
Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes with a 10 minute natural release followed by a quick release letting out remaining pressure. Check the temperature of the meat with food thermometer. It should read 160*F for beef meatballs.
Serve meatballs on top of spaghetti, by itself, or as a meatball sandwich on toasted sub roll with melted mozzarella cheese.
I would love to hear what you think of this method of preparing Italian Meatballs. This has got to be the easiest by far away to prepare Italian meal easy and cheap. Please consider leaving a comment on my website.
Happy Italian Cooking,