Being told an edible seed is healthy for you and actually finding it at your local grocery store is a true blessing. The next time is figuring out how to add it to your diet or menu plan. In this blog post, I share a super easy ‘Ready Set Go Smoothie Recipe using flaxseed.
Ready Set Go Smoothie Recipe Video
I’ve been throwing a tablespoon of flaxseed and other good ingredients into my smoothies randomly for a few months. After finally doing some research on how to use flaxseed I felt so much better about this recipe. In this video, I share my favorite morning smoothie before heading out to my daily workout. This is truly an awesome way to begin a healthy living lifestyle.
Recipe and Images by Bren Haas
Flax Seed in Your Daily Diet
Have you noticed more healthy seeds at local grocery stores? I am a huge fan of this crunchy peanut butter at my local Aldi. When they stopped carrying it I simply made my own. I will have to share that recipe at another time.
Below are a few facts about Flax Seed
- Flaxseed has been known to prevent hot flashes according to the Society for Integrative Oncology.
- The latest research shows that flaxseed can help lower the risk of diabetes, cancer, and heart disease most likely because it is a great source of healthy fat, antioxidants, and fiber.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) revealed recently discussed that consuming flaxseed can stop prostate cancer tumors from growing. The lead investigator of the study, Dr Wendy Demark-Wahnefried shared at this event that they were excited that this study showed that flaxseed is safe and associated with a protective effect on prostate cancer.
- Iowa State University’s Nutrition and Wellness Research Center recently found that cholesterol levels lowered among men who included flaxseed in their diet. Lead Author, Suzanne Hendrich shared “people who can’t take something like Lipitor, this could at least give you some of that cholesterol-lowering benefit.”
- According to a study published in Nutrition Research consuming flaxseed every day will improve your blood sugar.
More Healthy Living Posts
Being a greenhouse owner means I don’t pay attention to the cold as much. Every day is a holiday in this growing space. This post