Once you have had one of these delicious sandwiches you won’t believe all the goodness packed in it. In this post I share my version of the spinach avocado egg sandwich recipe I originally had at a Panera Bread Store. I share how to grow your own spinach and a few tips on enjoying your own avocado tree.
Spinach, Avocado and Egg Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
For this recipe we keep it simple and clean. No one wants to fuss over breakfast first thing in the morning. The biggest challenge with creating this treat was finding the perfect avocado. Luckily, over the past few months I have been able to find this new variety of Hass Avocado that is sold in bags at my grocery store for a reasonable price. These avocados are about 1/2 the size of the regular avocado. The texture and flavor is smooth like butter. Below is the list of ingredients you will need.
- 2 slices of whole oat bread (I get mine at Aldi)
- 1 small ripe avocado
- tomato slices
- fried or pouch egg
- small handful of home grown spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
It is super easy to put this sandwich together. My spinach is harvest fresh right outside my backdoor. I keep thinking about doing a video in the kitchen to show you just how easy it is but I am super hungry in the morning and want to eat and not make videos! Let me know if you are interested in seeing a video of this and I’ll do my best. NOW… on to the directions:
- Toast the bread slices so they are nice and crunchy.
- Open up the fresh avocado and spread on the toast.
- Layer freshly harvest spinach on the avocado followed by tomato slices. Set aside while preparing the egg.
- It is easy to fry up the egg so that the egg yoke is not runny in a nonstick pan. This takes about 3-4 minutes. Once the egg is cooked put it on top of the spinach.
- Layer tomato slice on top and close up the sandwich with second toast after adding salt and pepper.
Spinach, Avocado and Egg Breakfast Sandwich Printable Recipe
More Sandwich Recipes on My Site
One of my favorite quick meals to go is a sandwich. We get pretty creative with what we use to make the sandwich so be sure to check out my post features on this website.
Thank you for stopping by My Site Today!
What do you think of this recipe and using avocado, spinach together? I would love to hear what you think of my Spinach, Avocado and Egg Breakfast Sandwich Recipe. Don’t be shy and comment on this blog post or reach out to me on my website contact page.
Happy Sandwich Making,