In this post I share my favorite Strawberry Spinach and Toasted Pecan Salad Recipe. I am keeping it short today because I’m hungry and in a hurry to back outside to grow more spinach and strawberries. After checking out this post you will know why!
Strawberry Spinach and Toasted Pecan Salad Recipe
This has got to be one of the easiest and fulfilling salads EVER! If you are like me and busy this spring you are going to love this printable recipe. The really cool thing about this recipe is you can grow your own strawberries for this and spinach. Check out the ingredient list below:
- Honey Roasted Pecans
- Feta cheese
- red onion
- Poppy Seed Dressing ( I am using Paneras brand I purchase at Kroger)
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe TIPS
Here are a few tips about what to use that will make this salad super amazing. Due to the fact that I love gardening you may want to try growing your own spinach in the spring!
- Use a fresh red onion that has been soaked for about 30 minutes after slicing. Soaking the onion preserves the flavor and takes the lingering aftertaste away.
- Grow your own… strawberries and spinach are super easy to grow year-round.
- Toast up your own pecans in the oven air fryer and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve the salad fresh and don’t let it sit to long
Strawberry Spinach Salad Printable Recipe
To conclude this recipe share you will find the complete recipe below. If you have issues viewing this please reach out by commenting on my site.
- red onion very thinly sliced
- fresh baby spinach
- strawberries hulled and quartered
- crumbled feta cheese
- Poppy Seed Dressing (I recommend Panera Brand)
I was inspired by the Panera Strawberry Spinach Salad to whip this one up!
Strawberry Spinach and Toasted Pecan Salad RecipeCourse: SaladCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 small red onion sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
2 cups of fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup of strawberries hulled and quartered
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
poppy seed dressing ( I recommend Panera Brand)
Place the sliced onions in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let sit while you prepare salad.
Prepare the dressing and toast pecans if desired
Assemble the salad by placing spinach in a big serving bowl. Add the strawberries.
Drain the red onion and add it as well.
Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat the leaves.
Add the feta and pecans. Toss lightly to combine.
Serve immediately, with extra dressing on the side as desired.