Nutty Cranberry Chicken Salad RecipeThis recipe is perfect for large get togethers including wedding showers and garden parties. Scroll down to get a copy of the recipe that you may print easily. Super simple to make with leftover slices of the rotisserie chicken. This recipe is one of my all-time favorites. Inspired by a recipe my mother use to make. In the photo featured on this post I added a sprinkle of microgreens on top. If you use the spicy salad mix like I did the arugula in the microgreen really adds some kick! You can serve the chicken salad on croissant or crackers. I have also added a scoop of the chicken salad to freshly chopped lettuce and green onions to serve as a salad with a favorite soup. This recipe is a favorite to serve at baby showers and wedding events. At my wedding shower in 1993 my sister in law made the chicken salad and served on a flour tortilla shell and then sliced in rolls.
Let’s ConnectI would love to hear about your favorite sandwich or salad that has been passed down throughout the years. Be sure to comment on this post or reach out to me on my contact page. Happy Salad Making,
Nutty Cranberry Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Dash of sea salt
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and the apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Toast slivered almonds in dry hot skillet
- Combine chicken, toasted almonds, dried cranberries, and celery in a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in mayo mixture
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving