- 5 small yellow potatoes cut into bite-size pieces
- Homemade Soup Mix from Brown Bag Market Store or (salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons of flour)
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced up to bite-size pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
DETAILED RECIPE BELOW
In my recipe, I threw in some real bacon pieces and topped them with my Spicy Salad Microgreen mix. You can top your soup with anything you like including chives, cheese, and even sour cream. Be creative and use what you have on hand.
Potato Soup Recipe Video
This was my first time using the Instant Pot and I made a little ‘boo-boo’. In the video, I edit out the mistake and noted what to do if you get the ‘BURN FOOD’ warming on the Instant Pot. It is going to happen… trust me. When you get that warning it doesn’t mean you’ve destroyed your meal it just means you need to make some adjustments to the pot so don’t panic.
Be sure to check out the latest deals on Amazon Instant Pot Store. You can have yours sent to you in just a few days as a Prime Member like ME!
Printable Recipe Card
Here is the recipe card I mentioned in this post. Be sure to save it to your personal files. Share this on Pinterest with your friends and tag me @brenhaas. Don’t forget to get creative when making this recipe.
Be sure to tell me what you think by commenting on my site at the links provided.
Instant Pot Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 cup of yellow potatoes cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup of sweet onion diced
- 2 teaspoons of flour (to thicken)
- 1/3 cup of diced celery up to bite-size pieces
- 2 cups of Milk
- 1 1/2 cups of Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Microgreens and or bacon pieces ( optional toppings)
- Using the 3 quart Instant Pot saute the onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Stir in the celery and potatoes before adding water
- Cook the vegetables on the Pressure Cooker setting. See chart on your instant pot. Mine cooked for 4 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure
- Set Instant Pot on ‘Sauté’ mood before stirring in salt, pepper , flour and Milk. Bring to boil and stir continuously so it doesn’t stick or burn to bottom of the pot.
- After about 5-8 minutes or until the mixture is creaming turn Instant Pot to ‘warm’ setting.
- Serve with favorite toppings or microgreens and bacon as suggested in this post.
Check These Recipes Out
More On My Website
Let me know what you think of the new Instant Pot. I love the new 3 quart used in this video and pictured on my blog today. Be sure to reach out to me and let me know what you think of this appliance. I will try my best to add more videos and photos on my site featuring the recipes I create and recommend. Be sure to follow along and subscribe to my Newsletter.
Happy Instant Pot Cooking,