During #gardenchat last night I shared a recipe that I had just whipped together for my family. In this post, I share an easy treat Black Raspberry Dumplings over Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe. Mondays get crazy in my house and of course, it is the first day of the workweek. This recipe only takes about 30 minutes to put together and it is a great treat you can create from black raspberries we have in abundance in our back wood line growing wild.
Black Raspberry Dumplings Recipe
Below is the list of simple ingredients needed to create this dish. Store down below to the Printable Recipe Card.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen black raspberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups prepared buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Additional sugar, optional
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- vanilla ice cream to serve with ( not needed … but YES!!!)
- In a 6-qt. pan, combine raspberries, 1 cup sugar, water, and cornstarch; stir to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, combine buttermilk baking mix, buttermilk, and remaining sugar in a bowl. Mix until a soft dough forms. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto berries. Cook over low heat, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until dumplings are cooked through.
- Add a dash of nutmeg and sugar before serving. I like to scoop it over vanilla ice cream!
- 6 servings.
Black Raspberry Dumpling Recipe Card
Here is the Printable recipe. I invite you to copy this to use in your recipe book or save the PDF. I would love to hear from you after you try the recipe so be sure to connect on my website. Don’t forget that FRESH IS BEST so if you don’t grow your own black raspberry try and get the best at the market while they are in season. Mine are usually in season around the end of July.
What did you think of the recipe? Stay Tuned for a better photo… I was kind of in a hurry when I put this one together and the lighting isn’t the best. I guess I need to follow my own photography tips (giggle)
Are you a fan of growing your own fruit? I would love to hear from you so be sure to connect on my website. You can find me on the leading social media sites listed on this page.
Happy Black Raspberry Picking,