I’ve been waiting all year for this day … after Thanksgiving dinner Turkey Sandwich. This is a simple recipe my Dad use to make for me using what we had at home. I am excited to share the perfect turkey sandwich recipe with you today.
Turkey Sandwich Recipe
below is the easy recipe and remember to use ONLY FRESH ingredients. I have kind of updated the bread we use for this recipe and of course, pickle recipes do change but the taste is just like Dad used to make.
Today I use a whole white flour bread that is loaded with seeds. Here are some photos of my turkey sandwich recipe. This is the real deal so be sure to comment on my post or reach out to me on social media @brenhaas to tell me what you think. I love the fresh seed whole flours we have available these days for meals at the grocery store. Do you use any unique bread for your sandwich?
The sweet-hot peppers are sometimes from my garden but when I didn’t have time the ones from the grocery store will do just fine. Doesn’t that turkey sandwich below look amazing?!
Andy didn’t want pickles on his turkey sandwich … he has no idea what he is missing. Put a dipping sauce dish of the sweet hot pickles on the plate.
I’ve got more Thanksgiving turkey leftover recipes on my site so check these out:
The Perfect Turkey Sandwich
- 4 pieces of whole white bread
- 2-3 tablespoons of real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of fresh cold turkey sliced or shredded
- sweet hot or just sweet pickles
- Spread mayo on one side of both pieces of bread used for the sandwich
- lay cold turkey down like slices. Sometimes with dry meat it is better to use shredded
- layer sweet pickle on top
- put top piece of bread on sandwich before slicing in 1/2
- serve with potato chips
I would love to hear about your favorite turkey recipes. Please be sure to scroll down and share yours with me.
Happy Turkey Day,