Once again, my mulling spice was the hit of the Thanksgiving celebrations. My family and friends enjoy the scent and flavor so much I am sharing my recipe with you today. Don’t worry if you are worried about spices being to strong because in this recipe you can control the insensitive.
Mulling Spice Recipe
Below is a list of the ingredients used in this mulling recipe. I have a hard time finding crystallized ginger so I had to purchase online.
you will need:
- cinnamon sticks
- whole nutmeg
- star anise
- chopped dried orange peel
- chopped dried lemon peel
- allspice berries
- whole cloves
- chopped crystallized ginger
Below is the measurements needed to put this mulling blend together. Be sure to use fresh herbs.
Mulling Spice Printable Recipe Card
There are many creative things you can do with a batch of Mulling Spice. below are a few of my favorites:
- Give as gift for the Christmas Season
- Spice Cider
- Sangria or Christmas Wine Recipes
- Potpourri or Simmer Pot to Refresh the house for holiday
Don’t be afraid to mix up your own mulling spice using what you have on hand or enjoy most. Be careful to not use too much of the star anise herb because it is quite strong or pottant. Enjoy the recipe below:
Please be sure to comment on this post or reach out to me on my website here. I appreciate you taking the time to share your story with me.
Thank you for stopping by my website today! I’ll be sure to share how my wine turns out this Christmas using the Mulling Spice. Don’t forget to click over and check out my Thanksgiving Sangria Recipe !
Happy Spice Mixing,
Mulling Spice Recipe
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole star anise
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom seeds
- 6 dried chopped crystallized ginger ( about 2 oz.)
- 1 dried lemon peep chopped (about 1/2 oz.)
- 4 dried orange slices (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- Using a rolling pin or meat mallet, crush the spices until they are broken up but still chunky.
- For the dried fruit pieces be sure to use a sharp knife to cut carefully.
- Store in air tight container for up to 3 weeks.