In this post, I share a new and super tasty Green Minestrone Soup. Using many of the vegetables and herbs I grow at home you will love this doable recipe. Scroll down for more details and my personal growth tips.
Green Minestrone Soup Recipe
For this recipe, you will need the following. Feel free to use the herbs you have on hand in this recipe. Learn how to grow herbs year-round on my website and don’t forget to reach out with questions.
- Green Onion
- Green Beans
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Broth
- Cannellini Beans
- Chopped Fresh Herbs including oregano, thyme, basil, parsley
- Green Peas
- Small pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
With some simple prep work in the kitchen like preparing the pasta early, you can easily put this together on the stovetop. I like using my Electric Pressure Cooker because it is quick to cook and easy to clean up.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion, celery, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, broth, water, the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and the pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Add the Swiss chard and spinach and bring the soup back to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are wilted and the pasta is tender, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in the Parmesan.
Get the Printable Recipe Card below.
Green Minestrone Soup Printable Recipe Card
I can’t wait to hear if you like this soup so be sure to scroll down and comment on this post. I serve grilled cheese on the side with additional fresh herbs on top of the soup.
Let me know what you think!
Using basic herbs you can grow year-round inspires me to come up with fun healthy meals like this one! Did you like it? Reach out below to share with me what you like about this recipe!
More Soup Recipes on My Website
In this post I share my favorite soup recipes to create using left-over turkey. This is my creamy turkey, wild rice and vegetable soup recipe.
Green Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 6 green onions
- 3 ribs of celery diced
- 1 cup of green beans
- olive oil
- 5 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of canned cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1/2 cup of cooked small pasta
- ground pepper and salt to taste
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chop the green onions leaving the green stalks for optional soup topping.
- Saute white part of green onions with garlic in the olive oil. This should take about 3 minutes in hot skillet or Dutch oven pot. I use my Electric Pressure Cooker set on sauté.
- Add diced celery and green beans to sauté mix for a few minutes.
- Carefully pour in vegetable or chicken broth and herbs to the pot with saute vegetables. Let come to a nice rolling boil for about 10 minutes. Keep stirring so the soup doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add cannellini beans, sweet peas and pasta slowly. Let warm back up but do not boil.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and green onion pieces on top.
Thank you for spending some time on my website!
Some of the best recipes come from basic ingredients you can grow at home. I love growing herbs in my kitchen and garden and share about it on my website. Be sure to click over and check out my latest gardening tips. IF you are still looking for something reach out to me on my website to ask more.