In this post I share my easy to make Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese Soup recipe that is better than Panera! Find yourself whipping this up most anytime of the year with the basic ingredients. Using fresh ingredients and a few tasty ‘cheats’ from the pantry are feature on this post. Click below to see the easy recipe you will most likely be able to whip up today.
Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese Soup Ingredients
This soup took me under 20 minutes to whip up this afternoon. Using a few ingredients I always have in my pantry this was a ‘win-win’. Cauliflower fresh from the produce section has been easy to find at a reasonably price. If you can’t find fresh broccoli or cauliflower at a good price feel free to use frozen but be sure to watch to not over cook in the soup. My other ‘cheat’ of the day is using a Country Gravy mix I always have on hand for recipes like biscuit and gravy. The broth is homemade as well and you won’t have to add much if any extra salt or pepper to the soup bowl.
- granulated chicken bouillon ( I used Herb-OX Granulated Chicken Bouillon found locally).
- country gravy mix packet
- cheddar cheese
Scroll down to view the exact ingredients needed to whip up this delicious soup!
Over the years I have whipped up a few unique cheesy soups to share on my website but this one has got to be my favorite. Loaded with flavor most likely from just a few ingredients I always have in my kitchen.
Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese Soup
By Bren Haas
Servings: 8 Prep time: 5 mins Cook time:20-25 mins
Using mostly what I have on hand this is a loaded broccoli cheese soup that will give Panera a run for its money!
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 2 cups of cauliflower
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 5 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of granulated chicken bouillon ( I used Herb-OX Granulated Chicken Bouillon found locally).
- 1/2 Gravy mix pouch
- 3 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
- Sauté onion for about 2 minutes in butter
- Slowly add in vegetables and 1 cup of water
- Mix in chicken broth seasoning and extra water if needed
- Let simmer for about 4-5 minutes or until the veggies seem to be softening
- Pull about 1 ½ cups of the large chunks of vegetables and blend carefully. Pour back into soup pot.
- Add remaining 3 cups of water and gravy mix mixing well by hand – bring to slow boil
- Cheese and nutmeg stir in until melted
- Serve with sour dough bread
Recipe Found on BrenHaas.com
In conclusion of checking out this Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese Soup recipe share today I would love to hear from you. Be sure to find me on my website and comment. I am on social media but not as often as I would like so safe to find me on my website.
Happy Soup Cooking,