In this post I share a fun spin on traditional chili using turkey sausage. This is my Turkey Sausage Chili Recipe I just know you will love.
Turkey Sausage Chili Recipe
You can find this video on my Bren Haas Video Channel. Please be sure to scroll down and leave comments on this post.
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- ground turkey sausage
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- sweet onion
- red, yellow and orange sweet pepper
- red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can 15-ounce diced tomatoes
- chili seasoning
I use my electric pressure cooker to prepare this recipe today. I LOVE IT because it is easy to use and clean up is a breeze!
About Turkey Sausage
What is Turkey Sausage? It is basically made using ground turkey as opposed to ground pork. Using ground turkey in dishes is a low fat alternative to beef or pork. The ground turkey sausage I purchase lately has been been a Walmart brand. Lately, we’ve had a shortage on pork but I have always been able to find the ground turkey. I’ve used ground turkey sausage in various appetizers and meals over the past few years. This blend of herbs with the ground turkey really tastes amazing and taste like pork.
Turkey Sausage Chili Printable Recipe
Turkey Sausage Chili
- 1 pound of ground turkey sausage
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup of sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of sweet peppers chopped ( I use the red, yellow, and orange small varieties)
- 1 can (12 oz) of red kidney beans drained
- 1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- Cook the turkey sausage for about 5-7 minutes or until done. (see package for proper meat temperature when cooked)
- Push meat to side of skilled and saute onions and garlic for about 3-5 minutes
- Stir in peppers and saute for about 5 more minutes
- Slowly add the tomatoes and red kidney beans to the large skillet or stock pot
- Chili seasoning maybe added or use a tomatoes or bean that has chili seasoning added. The fresh vegetables and garlic just might make the chili seasoned enough with out extra
- Cook all ingredients for about 10 minutes or until slow simmer.
More Simple Recipes
You can find this and other printable recipes on my website. Be sure to check out other recipes on my site by clicking the links below.
Thank you for checking out my recipe today. I am curious if you have used turkey sausage in any meal planning lately. Please be sure to comment on my post below.
Happy Chili Day,