Fresh ingredients like lemon, asparagus and romaine lettuce can be enjoyed year-round. This recipe is especially nice during the late Spring days when you can be outside grilling a super easy and healthy meal like the Lemon-Garlic Pasta with Fresh Asparagus Recipe featured in today’s post.
Lemon-Garlic Pasta with Fresh Asparagus Recipe
This Lemon-Garlic Pasta with Grilled Asparagus Recipe is super easy to create. Enjoy favorites from your home garden in this dish like lemongrass, asparagus, and garlic. Lemongrass is an herb I grow year-round in my dome garden. I hope to share a detailed post about that in the weeks to come so stay tuned. Todays post and recipe I focus on Asparagus with this Lemon Garlic Pasta with Grilled Asparagus Recipe.
Below is the Lemon-Garlic Pasta with Fresh Asparagus printable recipe. I hope you take advantage of the recipe and safe it for your first harvest.
Recipe inspired by the fresh vegetables growing in the garden today.
Fresh Asparagus From My Home Garden
If you have ever had fresh asparagus from your garden or farmers market you know it is the BEST! Nothing beats watching it pop up in your landscape only to enjoy in a healthy meal a few days later.
You will find Asparagus starters in my garden centers and stores in early spring. They are super easy to start from the bareroot plants available. Over the years I’ve grown a different varieties for grilling and other recipes.
Remember when planting the asparagus starters that you will want to keep the plant in same location for at last 5 years. It will take time to get a harvest big enough to enjoy most recipes.
- 1 cup of favorite pasta ( like a small noodle like orzo our fanfare)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil for brushing
- 8 ounce bunch asparagus, trimmed of tough stems
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 large lemon grass leaf
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated garlic
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil with lemon grass branch. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the noodles from water.
- Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over high heat
- Brush asparagus with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place asparagus on the grill.
- The asparagus will turn bright green and have grill marks when it’s ready, also about 3 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Slice the asparagus into 2” pieces when cool enough to handle.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
- Place the asparagus and pasta in a bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Perfect as a side with fish or chicken.
I would love to hear from you so be sure to comment below and tell me what you thought of the fresh asparagus recipe. Is this something you would create at home? Be sure to note you can contact me on my site by filling out the contact information or commenting below.
Happy Healthy Eating,