In this post I share a somewhat traditional taco salad recipe. Enjoy a few tips on how to jazz this famous main dish salad up a notice with items in your pantry.
Taco Salad Recipe
When I was a kid I remember everyone asking for my Dad to bring his Taco salad to potlucks and special summer events. My Fathers dish was a little different then the one I share today but I know he would have LOVED THIS! We take a few new products available today and add it to this traditional recipe. Don’t forget to get creative and add your own favorites usually served on ‘Taco Night’.
Below is the list of ingredients I use for my Taco Salad Recipe.
- 1/2 pound of ground beef cooked and with your favorite taco seasoning. I’ll share my recipe in this post so don’t forget to scroll down.
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 head of romaine lettuce – washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup of diced sweet onion
- 5-6 mini sweet peppers cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup of diced black olives
- 1 cup of fresh diced tomatoes ( I love using roma like varieties during the summer time).
- corn chips broken up into small pieces for garnish
- 1/4 cup of sour cream for garnish
- Sweet French or Catalina brand salad dressing
How to Put This Together:
Most of the ingredients on this list are diced a head of time. The ground beef is prepared by frying in my pressure cooker using a low sodium taco seasoning and beef broth for the mixing. The recipe is very simple with the beef preparation really being the ‘difficult’ part of the recipe.
Printable Taco Salad Recipe Card
I put together these printable recipe cards with hopes you will use them in your own kitchen cookbook file. Be sure to share the love and give me some feedback if you use this recipe. ENJOY!
This recipe is an old family favorite. I was inspired by my Dads recipe which doesn’t use the Catalina Dressing and has little to no olives or sweet onions.
More Fun Salad Recipe On My Site
Check out other recipes similar to the Taco Salad Recipe on my site. I hope you will click over and save a few on your favorite Pinterest board.
Thank you so much for stopping by my website today!
I hope your next Taco Tuesday you try this Taco Salad Recipe. Be sure to reach out to me on my sitee with questions and other feedback.
Happy Taco Day,