If you’ve ever been to a cookout or a family get together where everyone brings a favorite dish you have most likely had this dessert. In today’s post, I am sharing my version of the Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe. Fresh strawberries from your home garden or local market are amazing in this but not required.
The first time I had this dessert I was a kid attending a church potluck. Can you believe that back in the ’70s this was called a ‘salad’? I remember going back for seconds for this dessert and leaving the cookies on the table behind. I hope you take advantage of the print option featured on my recipe and make this one of your favorites.
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O(R)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 20 oz package of frozen strawberries ( about 2 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool. * See Notes for Oven Air Fryer Information
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set. ( about 4 hours)
- After 8 hours of sitting the pretzel bottom starts getting a little soggy but is till amazing.
Notes From The Kitchen
I used an oven air fryer on a 1/2 batch of this recipe. The crust should be baked in a oven safe pan for about 5-6 minutes at 400*F. Watch the oven fryer closely to be sure the pretzel mixture is not burning but turning a nice golden brown.
Inspired by A handwritten notecard in my Dad’s Cookbook sitting on my bookshelf!
I hope the images and notes below help you put together the Strawberry Pretzel Dessert soon. If you have questions you can comment on my blog post or reach out to me on my contact page.
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe | The Crust
Who doesn’t have a blender sitting on their countertop? I would assume everyone is still into those smoothie breaks to stay healthy. I used my Ninja Blender to chop up those pretzels. It did a great job and was easier than getting out the food processor. Just be sure to use ‘pulse’ setting on the blender.
Container For The Dessert
You can pretty much use any 9’x13′ container for this recipe. I went with the clear glass so I could see the layers in the dessert.
Cream Cheese Mix
Be sure to defrost the whipped cream before adding it to the super and cream cheese ingredients.
Layer Jello Mix
This is a great dessert to use strawberries you’ve bought at Costco cheap but are too busy to eat before they go bad. Freeze those berries and use them in this dessert as time allows!
This Strawberry Pretzel Dessert recipe can easily be cut in half and baked in an oven air fryer to save on time and money.
I’d love to hear from you and what you thought of this Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe. Comment on the post below and don’t forget to share this with your friends and family.
Happy Summer Dessert Time,