Everyone loves a juicy, sweet strawberry treat in early summer. In today’s post I share how strawberry plant growing tips I’ve learned over the years of growing them just about every way possible. Everything from in the ground, containers, and year-round dome.
My Strawberry Plants
My plants growing began about five years after we moved out to the country. I grew the berries directly in the ground like the farmers do in my area. I’ve later been introduced to different varieties that grow productively in containers.
This video found at: Strawberry Growing Tips on YouTube with Bren Haas
Strawberry Growing Tips
- Add berries that grow well in your area. Reach out to local growers and garden centers to see what they recommend. I popular berry in NW Ohio is Jewel, June Berry, and Ozark. I found information at the Ohio Extension Office site: Strawberries are an Excellent Fruit for the Home Garden
- Use straw in between plants to keep weeds out and hold moisture.
- Be sure the berries are planted in full sun.
- KEEP UP with the weeds….. weed often so the berry plants can grow healthy and multiply
Here are a few of the products I recommend starting seeds easily.
- Peat Pots :
- Organic Seed Starting Soil:
- Jiffy Seed Starting Trays:
Don’t Miss This Post
What do you think about growing your own Strawberries? Have you given this a try in your home garden? I hope you will consider commenting on my post to share any tips and tricks you may have about this topic. I look forward to connecting with you soon.
Happy Strawberry Growing,