The start of the work week means super busy time trying to get caught up from a long weekend while being productive with the days task… at least in my world! I’ve been working hard over the past week keeping to a healthy eating plan that is keeping me active and feeling great. When I opened my email to find one of my favorite authors enjoyed eating out I was dumbfounded. SERIOUSLY…. Cassy Joy Garcia author of ‘Fed & Fit’ is a fan of Chipotle just like me!!!! In this post I will be sharing five of her top suggestions that will help you be able to eat out and stick to those healthy eating goals.
[alert-announce]Five Tips To Stay Healthy While Eating Out [/alert-announce]
1. Don’t be shy about asking questions.
2. Speak up if you have a gluten allergy. (it’s okay to tell the waiter you do ….even if you don’t!)
3. You can almost always substitute fries for a fresh salad or side of veggies.
4. Beware dressings and sauces. This is usually where trans fats, refined sugar, gluten or dairy hide out!
5. Avoid entrees that are “crispy, creamy, au gratin or fried.”.
I’m a huge fan of Fed&Fit publication using a few of her recipes each week. It is a publication that has really helped me realize that it is how you feel and not the size you wear all though my clothes are starting to fit me better. I hope you will consider purchasing it to help you discover new ways to be FED and Fit! Here is a link to Amazon where you can have the book in just a few days (depending on the shipping option you pick of course!)
[alert-announce]Favorite Recipes From The Book[/alert-announce]
I’m getting off track here… I know we are talking about eating out but I just have to share a photo of a few of my favorite dishes by Cassy Joy.
[alert-warning]Can you guess what I’m having for lunch today!!! Hope to connect with you all soon so please leave a comment below.