The rose section of the garden center was one I always stayed clear of thinking they were too complicated to enjoy in my home garden. Today I am going to share with you how easy it really is to grow roses.
Easy To Grow Roses
In this collection of images from my home garden this past week I feature easy-care grown organically roses. The only ‘work’ I do is taking photos and pruning as needed. By the time the bugs begin to hit the roses, I have other plants nearby that take over the bloom show.
I started out with a basic rose that you just can’t kill about 10 years ago and today I have over a dozen different varieties I enjoy growing in my Ohio garden. One of my favorites is the Don Juan Climber featured on this post. I’ve grown them in containers and even in raised beds. There are a few I love all year-round in my greenhouse dome.
Important Growing Tips
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when growing roses in your home garden. If you practice these growing tips below I am sure it will bring you success growing all season long.
- Keep the roses hydrated especially when newly planted and during dry seasons.
- Be very careful to not overwater the plants.
- Mulch around the plant to help keep the soil cool and moist.
- FEED the roses – I use organic compost. This is basically my neighbors horse manure mixed with natural mulch.
- Watch for the black spot – remove affected leaves from the plant and out of the landscape.
- Prune rose shrubs to encourage new growth during the growing season.
Growing Roses Playlist
Below is a playlist featuring my roses I grow in NW Ohio.
Please consider subscribing to my Bren Haas YOuTube Channel.
Here are a few of my favorite roses in the garden. Don’t forget to check out other posts I have about my roses growing in Ohio. They are found on my Rose Garden Category List.
Great to connect with you today. I would love to connect with you so be sure to comment below. You can also connect with me on my contact page featured on this website.
Happy Rose Gardening,