Gardening is one of the most relaxing hobbies anyone can endure. In this post I share my personal tips to make rose gardening fun and easy.
Tips to Make Rose Gardening Fun & Easy
Spring is the time of year the weather changes quicker then you can check the forecast. It is important to have a game plan ready to make sure you don’t forget what you spent all winter dreaming about! below are a few of my tips that make gardening easy and fun.
- Choose the right plants – select plants that will do well in your zone and/or are low maintenance – (e.g. Drift/Knock Out).
- Let the labels lead you – they are there for reason and can guide you where to plant-based on light and soil conditions.
- Add 1-to 2-inches -of mulch to prevent weeds from growing.
- If you plant into containers, remember to keep them watered well as you don’t want them to dry out.
- Edge your beds – stop grass from invading your plantings by edging or installing some type of barrier between your garden beds and the lawn.
- Keep a garden journal – jot down notes and observations as your garden grows so that you can refer back to its progress and be ready for any potential problems.
- Use the right tools – pick the tools that are the right size for you and the right size for your garden.
- Keep it simple – when planning your garden, don’t overwhelm yourself. Think realistically about how much time and energy you have and what you will need to do to maintain your plants.
I share more about the roses I grow on my website!
I hope you are off to a great start this year in the garden. I’d love to connect with you so please share a comment below. Maybe we can connect on Twitter or Facebook too!