Each summer season it is guaranteed we will have at least zucchinis’ that are left on the plant to grow HUGE! In todays post I share a few growing tips and my Garden Fresh and Easy to Make Zucchini Bread Recipe.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
This recipe has been in my family since my kids were little. I first made the bread from a Southern Living recipe and later created my own version. you can use this recipe as muffin batter too but I prefer the loaves. Don’t forget to click on the printable recipe!
Brens' Easy Zucchini Bread Recipe
3 fresh large eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups raw zucchini – shredded
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 cups of flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons of fresh nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons real vanilla
1 cup pecans – chopped
Zucchini must be strained after shredded.
Beat eggs, sugar, and oil together.
Add flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and nuts.
Mix together ( only a few mixes do not beat).
Bake in muffin tins
Bake 45 minutes at 350°F
Be sure to come back for more great recipes! BrenHaas.com
Bake 12 large loaves of Zucchini Bread to be frozen to be eaten later is easy with this recipe. I print up this QR code that allows friends to scan on their mobile and try the recipe for themselves. These make great gifts to give during the holiday season.
DO YOU LIKE this idea? Share it on social here:
Photos From The Kitchen
You know me and the camera – gotta take a few photos to show you how easy it really is!
Fresh Out of The Oven …. .What Could Be Better?
I used my KitchenAid to shred the zucchini for this recipe.
A Few Tips on Growing Zucchini
- Start your seeds at least 6 weeks before the last frost.
- Be sure to add beneficial annuals that will attract pollinators to the veggie garden.
- Plant at least 3 plants on a mound in the garden leaving room for leaves to not be disturbed.
- Carefully harvest the veggies – the steam/stalk of the plant is very delicate.
- Watch for mildew and treat as soon as spotted. Researcher shows that milk sprays can help prevent powdery mildew on tomato, barley, and zucchini.
- Add straw around the base of the plant to help hold in the moisture and keep out weeds.
Various Sizes to Harvest
My First Harvest 2014
Male and Female Squash
Calico Betty Admires Beneficial Annuals
I’d love to hear from you … what do you cook up with your zucchini harvest? Be sure to connect with me on my contact page that I answer daily.