If only we could keep those beautiful blooms looking as good as they did when we first brought them home. In today’s post, I share how to keep fresh cut flowers looking amazing longer.
8 Tips to Keep Fresh Cut Flowers Looking Amazing
Below are my 8 tips to keep cut flowers looking amazing longer. Be sure to share these tips with your friends by clicking the social share below.
- Add the perfect flowers that are perfect for cutting. Not all flowers like to be cut.
- Cut the flowers within 30 minutes within delivery. This basically means don’t cut the flowers and leave them laying around in the sun for an hour before putting them in water.
- Use the right ingredients in the water use display the cut flowers in.
- Use a clean container to display the cut flowers.
- Be sure to keep the flowers in a refrigerator or super cool location as much as possible.
- Cut 1/2 inch of the bottom of the stems at an angle each day.
- Do not store the cut flower arrangement in direct sunlight or in a direct air vent draft.
- Dispose of any dead leaves that are in the water.
Cut Flower Tips For You
Feel free to share this infographic or use the code below to embed this on your blog. You can also find this on Pinterest.
Cut & paste the code below to add GardenChat Logo to your website or blog. Do you need help with this? Contact me on my contact page for help by leaving a detailed message.
Cut Flower Water Recipe
Below is the recipe I like to use in the vase for my fresh cut flowers. This mix will last the life of your cut flowers.
- 1 quart of fresh cold water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (makes the blooms open up)
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. ( kills germs and bacteria in water)
My Favorite Flowers For Cutting
Below I share a photo collection of the flowers I love to grow for cutting. If you grow and cut the right flowers they will last longer as well. Be sure to ask me any questions you may have about growing your own by connecting on my contact page.
- Dahlias (Cut Flower Varieties)
- Lilacs ( Bloom again varieties are my favorite)
GardenChat Live Shout Out
During the latest GardenChat live I did a quick shout out about this post and upcoming events. Check out the show below and be sure to join our group.
Watch the video on my YouTube Channel at Creative Living with Bren Haas
I would love to hear from you so be sure to reach out to me on social media at the links provided on this post. I invite you to leave a detailed message on my contact page featured on this site.
Enjoy the Cut Flowers,