In this post, I share some fun facts about Denim N’ Lace Russian Sage that is growing in my home garden. I will share a video and images with hopes that you will consider this plant for your home garden.
Denim N’ Lace in a GardenChat
What a fun time it is to walk my garden and share what is really growing. In the video featured on this page, I share my landscape along the driveway. Take a close look at the Denim N’Lace Russian Sage I have been growing for about 2 years now. You will see what it looks like after a downpour. You will also be able to compare it to the traditional Russian Sage.
There are many reasons I recommend this plant for most home gardens. If you have a dry location that has lots of sun and want a pollinator loving addition – THIS IS YOUR PLANT! Below are a few facts about the plant that make it a win-win in most any garden:
- Deer resistance is perhaps the biggest selling point in my garden.
- An upright growing plant that reaches about 28″ tall
- Full sun and loves dry landscape areas once established
- Beautiful blue blooms from early July to hard frost.
- Both the flowers and the plant’s leaves are fragrant.
- Prune away any remaining old foliage in early spring – super-low maintenance.
- Pet tolerant!
I have my pup Oliver in this photo just because his ball has landed in this plant a billion times and you can’t even tell!
Don’t miss more of Bren Haas’ picks for the Landscape
Do you grow Russian Sage or hope to in the near future. Maybe my post has inspired you to try some in your home garden. I would love to hear from you so be sure to comment on the post. I love connecting with you all so don’t be afraid to tell me what you really think about this plant.