In this post, I share how we easily made a Chocolate Cherry Lava Cake in a Dutch Oven at camp. You’ll love the easy ingredients and images I share on this post.
Chocolate Cherry Lava Cake Recipe
I still can’t get over how easy it was to create this recipe. The dessert turned out super moist with only a few ingredients. I can’t wait to make this again. Make this at camp has inspired me to try more recipes in the dutch oven. If you don’t have a fire pit you can easily make this on a charcoal grill. Please check out the recipe below and be sure to print it so you can use it later. Are you a PINTEREST person? Check out my Pinterest shares @BrenHaas where you will find more great recipes and camping tips and tricks.
This video is on my Bren Haas YouTube Channel. I LOVE making videos so be sure to tell me what you think of this Chocolate Cherry Lava Cake Recipe. More videos later this month about camping... so stay tuned.
Easy To Create Chocolate Cherry Lava Cake
In the image below you will find details on how to create this easy recipe in a snap. Using only a few ingredients that are super easy to find.
Below you will find a few images I took with my iPhone while camping. This is the perfect recipe for a get together with family and friends.
- 1 14 oz can of Cherry pie filling
- 1 chocolate cake box mix
- 1 can of Coca Cola
- 8 oz of chocolate chips (more more if you like !)
- Prepare the charcoal
- Line the dutch oven with a liner. We use a foil liner that we coated with butter
- Add cake mix to the dutch oven that is lined and buttered
- Slowly pour in can of Coke followed by the can of cherry pie filling
- Stir well before sprinkling chocolate chips on top
- Open the pie filling and dump it into the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Pour in the cherry pie filling – mix before adding the can of coke
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of cake mixture before putting the lid on to bake
- Put lid on dutch oven and carefully move over to the charcoal grill rake not directly in the coals on bottom.
- Place 16 charcoal on the lid of the oven.
- Make a circle of 8 charcoal that will serve as the base heat for baking the cake.
- Place the dutch oven over the circle and let the cake bake for approximately an hour and 30 minutes. We checked the cake at 1 hour
- Remove the dutch oven from the coals and let cool a little before serving in disposable camp bowls!
I still can’t believe how moist the cake was… perfect! My photo is a little grainy because we took it late at night. We had time to go enjoy the sunset at camp before serving this up.
In conclusion of checking out this recipe, I really hope you will take the time to tell me what your think about it. Did you make the Chocolate Cherry Lava Cake? Connect with me by commenting on this post or leaving a response on social media where you will find me @brenhaas.
Happy Camping and Campfire Cooking,