In this post I share a fun little treat to create for Halloween or any other spooky occasion. Spooky Stuffed Mushroom Spiders are super easy to make. You will enjoy making these up with family and friends to enjoy as a snack or appetizer. Feel free to cheat and use spider rings if you have extra.
Spooky Stuffed Mushroom Spiders
I originally saw this Spooky Stuffed Mushroom Spiders on Pinterest. The link took me to a post on Krogers where I found the cute little spiders were made from black olives. My recipe is a little different then the one on the grocery store site. I’ve been having fun making stuffed mushrooms since my Pampered Chef days and can’t believe I never thought of adding spiders! Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 24 large white stuffing mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 package (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cooked Italian sausage crumbles
- 1⁄4 garlic salt
- 24 large black olives
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place mushroom caps, stem side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook 15 minutes to soften slightly. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, sausage and garlic. Flip mushroom caps stem side up. Divide mixture evenly between mushrooms.
- Cut 12 olives in half lengthwise. Place 1 half in the center of each mushroom. Cut remaining olives into “legs.” Arrange 8 “legs” around each olive half to resemble a spider.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until mushrooms are tender and filling is hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Spooky Stuffed Mushroom Spiders| Printed Recipe
These were so easy to make in a hurry. If you don’t have the patience to make the spiders don’t be afraid to use those plastic spider rings. Just be sure to warn folks that you used fake! Take advantage of my print option on this recipe. This can be printed or saved as PDF on your computer hard drive to use later – enjoy!
Be sure to scroll down and leave a comment if you enjoy this stuffed mushroom recipe!
Thanks for checking out this fun recipe today. I hope you take the time to share with me what you thought of my Spooky Stuffed Mushroom Spiders recipe. Be sure to comment on my post and sign up for my Email Newsletter today!