While checking out my website stats the other day I noticed this Strawberry Cake Roll Recipe. Perfect time timing because I was looking for a fun recipe featuring the berries I grow. I shared the image as a greeting on Facebook and began my search for this recipe. In this post you will find the some what easy recipe update and grow your own strawberry tips.
Strawberry Cake Roll Recipe Video
Here is the video I found on a YouTube search that makes it look so easy to create a cake roll. I have made these before and if you take your time and use the right pan to bake the cake and parchment paper it usually goes super easy. I hope you check out the video below.
VIDEO UPDATE SOON!
Strawberry Swiss Roll on YouTube.com
Strawberry Cake Roll Recipe
I am thinking of some may different hacks for this recipe. What if you bought the cake premade and rolled up the strawberries you grow! Foodie Blogger Home Cooking Adventure shared a recipe on her video share. You can make this recipe gluten free by using those fresh ingredients. Now I want to make this cake… I guess it isn’t too bad for you if you eat a small piece and use all fresh natural ingredients. Enjoy
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups strawberry, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs until pale yellow, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the ¹¹⁄₄ cups (150 grams) sugar and whisk again until combined.
- Mix in oil, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Add in flour, and fold until smooth and combined.
- Pour the batter on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Gently tap the baking sheet on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Lay out a kitchen towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Once the cake is done, invert it onto the towel and lift the towel to roll the cake into a log. The towel will wrap into the cake.
- Refrigerate cake for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, remaining sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place the cake on the counter and unroll.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer over the cake and top with sliced strawberries.
- Tightly roll the cake bake up, this time just using the towel as a guide.
- Top with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve.
Photo of recipe coming soon!
Grow Your Own Strawberries
In the post below I share how easy it is to grow your own Strawberries that will produce the perfect amount for this Strawberry Cake Roll Recipe. You will have to try a few of my other creative recipes using what you grow on this websit
Strawberry Plant Growing Tips
Strawberry Harvest in Autumn Everyone loves a juicy, sweet strawberry treat in early summer. In today’s post I share how strawberry plant growing tips I’ve learned over the years of growing them just about every way possible. Everything from in the ground, containers, and year-round dome. My Strawberry Plants My plants growing began about five
White Carolina Strawberry Plants In My Home Garden Update
In this post I share a video update featuring the White Carolina Strawberry Plants. These plants are growing happy after the first year in hardiness zone 5b. Check out my video with tips on how I this plant is doing so well. White Carolina Strawberry Plants Update The video feature shows the plants growing happy
White Carolina Strawberry
In this post I share a video featuring bareroot White Carolina Strawberry (or Pineberry). You will learn how to plant bareroot strawberry and fun facts about this fruit. White Carolina Strawberry Bareroot Planting Video In the video I plant up 10 of the White Carolina Strawberry Bareroots in a hanging basket. The White Pine pineberries
Thank you for stopping by my website today!
Do you have a favorite dessert to help celebrate birthdays? I’d love to hear from you so let’s connect. Share a comment in the space below on this post.
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Birthday Friends!