One of the easiest fruits to grow in my home garden is blackberry. Infact, we have blackberries that nature planted for us along the woodline. In today’s post I combine my passion for ice cream with what God gives us in nature in a Blackberry Ice Cream Recipe share.
Blackberry Ice Cream Recipe
It’s really as easy as it looks to make and who doesn’t love fresh ingredients from the home garden or local market? Be sure to take advantage of the print option on the recipe share below.
In the Kitchen Garden
Some of my favorite berries to grow in addition to the blackberry are strawberries and red raspberry. The biggest challenge is keeping the birds out of the harvest. I have found over the years using a net over the raspberries works amazing. Once you take a bite of this fruit-filled treat you will be hooked. Did I mention how this has almost zero preservatives? Be sure to print this recipe card to add to your cookbook collection.
A few of my favorite berries to use in this dish is the fresh raspberries I pick in the cut flower garden. Those raspberry bushes are from our first home in Perrysburg. I am not sure what variety but it for sure an heirloom.
Homemade Fruit Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup of ice cold milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of frozen blackberries
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur.
- Serve immediately.
Do you enjoy fruit desserts? I would love to hear from you so please be sure to reach out to me on social media with the links provided in this article. Don’t forget to contact me with any additional questions you may have on my website contact page.
Happy Summer Dessert Sharing,