Healthy Southwestern White Chicken Chili with Cannellini Beans Recipe is one of my favorites to make during the winter months. With a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a super healthy meal in no time. In this post, you will find many photos, a video, and a printable recipe. I hope you will try this Healthy Southwestern White Chicken Chili with Cannellini Beans Recipe and tweet me with an image @brenhaas
Healthy Southwestern White Chicken Chili Recipe
My recipe has a bit of a green theme going in the photo above. Adding avocado and cilantro is optional.
This recipe is fast when you use rotisserie chicken and store-bought Salsa Verde. You can find a fairly easy salsa verde recipe on my site.
Healthy Southwestern White Chicken Chili Images
Below are some of the highlights from the recipe in images.
Healthy Southwestern White Chicken Chili with Cannellini Beans Recipe
- 1 lb of rotisserie chicken chicken diced
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2-15 oz cans of Cannellini beans
- 15 oz salsa verde ( fresh or store bought jar)
- 1 avocado sliced
- Heat up olive oil in favorite stock pot.
- Dice up 1 small onion and saute in heated olive oil.
- Add chopped celery to the saute mix.
- Carefully pour 4 cups of chicken broth into stock pot.
- Add 1 lb of cut up rotisserie chicken.
- Stir in 15 oz of salsa verde and drained cannellini beans.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer chili for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with slices of avocado and cilantro on top.
Fresh salsa verde is recommended but you can easily use store bought.
About Cannellini Bean
The cannellini bean is a favorite of mine for this chili because they don’t get mushy. These beans are creamy in color and hold their shape better than other beans such as the northern bean. The cannellini bean is the perfect main ingredient for this Southwestern White Chicken Chili.
I’d love to hear what type of healthy chili recipes you enjoy to wipe up. Do you enjoy adding spices to it like southwestern? Be sure to comment below or visit my contact page to get in touch.