It’s mid-October which means Halloween is a week away and festive fall treats are popping up everywhere. All though the various sweet and sugary temptations are hard to resist, you don’t have to break your diet to enjoy the seasonal fare. Certified nutritionist, personal trainer and exercise physiologist, Franci Cohen, has provided recipes for fall foods that won’t break your belt. I shared with you her amazing Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins last weekend and I can’t wait to share with you a few more as we close out the month of October. ENJOY these Ghostly Treats … My family and friends love these when I serve them this time of year!
Ghostly Chocolate Pretzel Rods
1 box salted pretzel rods
16 oz fine white baking chocolate
An edible ink black baking marker
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or on the stove.
- Dip 1 end of a pretzel rod into melted Chocolate to cover pretzel approx. 2″ down
- Lay chocolate covered pretzels on wax paper-lined tray
- Repeat with remaining pretzels until all are covered in chocolate
- Place baking tray in freezer for 5 minutes until chocolate hardens
- Remove pretzel tray from freezer and using baking markers, draw scary ghostly faces on the pretzels.
Your ghostly pretzel rods are ready to eat!
*permission to reprint all material by Franci Cohen .
Does Autumn inspire you to create new tasty treats in the kitchen for family and friends? I’d love to hear about it so please comment below so we can connect. Website links are welcome… lets cook up something this Autumn together!