It’s October which means Halloween is sneaking up on us and festive fall treats are popping up everywhere. All through the various sweet and sugary temptations are hard to resist, you don’t have to break your diet to enjoy the seasonal fare. In this post, I share a Ghostly Chocolate Pretzel Rods Recipe. ENJOY these Ghostly Treats … My family and friends love these when I serve them this time of year!
Ghostly Chocolate Pretzel Rods Recipe
Below are the ingredients you will need. The hardest one on the list to find is the black edible marker. You may have to use black food coloring and a toothpick to make the little scary faces.
1 box salted pretzel rods
16 oz fine white baking chocolate
An edible ink black baking marker
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or on the stove. White Chocolate Candy bark can be used as well.
- Dip 1 end of a pretzel rod into melted Chocolate to cover pretzel approx. 2″ down
- Lay chocolate covered pretzels on a wax paper-lined tray
- Repeat with remaining pretzels until all are covered in chocolate
- Place a baking tray covered with wax paper to dry.
- Draw scary ghostly faces on the pretzels candies.
- Wrap in your favorite pretzel holders and give to family and friends.
Be sure to allow the frosting gel to harden. Do not make the dot too thick or it may not dry with this Betty Crocker Writing Gel.
After the faces are dry put them in a pretzel gift bag to give to friends and family.
Printable Ghostly Pretzel Stick Recipe
Below I have provided a printable version of this recipe so you can add to your collection of recipes. You can also make this a PDF for your own files when you hit the print button. I hope you will try these and reach out to me on my site and tell me what you thought of them.
I would love to hear from you and what traditions you continue for Halloween? Be sure to reach out to me on the social media links provided. I love hearing from you all on my website as well. Don’t forget to tell me what you thought of these Ghostly Chocolate Pretzel Rods.
Happy Ghostly Halloween,