In this post I share my super easy and totally creative deviled eggs recipe. You’ll love the tasty new ingredients and easy to boil egg tips and tricks.
Brens’ Super Tasty Deviled Eggs Recipe
If you have never had a deviled egg I would like to know what planet you inhibit!?! Most of us grew up eating some type of deviled eggs recipe for appetizers or even a meal. This recipe is one I have been working on for a few years. I take the best Mayonaise ( Dukes Mayo) and the oldie but goodie Colemans Mustard and throw in some new spices. I hope you consider printing this recipe for your own files. Be sure to comment and let me know that you used the recipe.
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 3 teaspoons Coleman Mustard
- 1/3 cup Dukes mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Peri Peri Sauce ( or your favorite chili sauce)
- Dash Smoked Paprika
- Prepare the eggs. I hard boil in my electric egg cooker for fast and perfect eggs.
- Peel the eggs and carefully slice the egg in half lenthwise.
- Gentle remove the yokes and add to a mixing bowl.
- To make the Deviled Eggs filling use a fork and mash the yokes.
- Gradually add the mustard, mayonnaise, and Hot Sauce carefully whipping to make the filling fluffy and lump free.
- With a small spoon carefully add enough of the yoke mixture to each egg white half. You can use a cake decorating tool to pipe the filling in if you like.
- Sprinkle filled egg white with paprika
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. The eggs stay fresh for up to 3 days if you can keep your guest away from them that long!
This recipe is a tradition in my family. I basically took what I remembered and added my own creative spin.
Recipe MUST HAVE Ingredients
My family loves to add some heat or a little spice. These flavors are not super hot by any means but they just add a little extra ‘zing’ to the traditional eggs.
- Smoked Paprika is a must for this recipe. The smoke flavor of a good spice like Smoked Labs Smoked Paprika really goes well with the fresh mayoniase and mustard.
- Peri Peri Sauce I find at Kroger is the perfect spice to add to the egg mixture. The sauce is sweet with a little bold green pepper kick addition. The sauce I have is a little runny so I like to use it in deviled eggs and also on chicken.
Egg Cooking Easy
I have been using the electric egg cooker featured in my post from 2015-2020 I found at Aldi for $12, I LOVE IT!!! The tool allows you to easily cook everything from a pouches egg to hardboiled in minutes. It is the best way to cook a hard boil egg easily and successfully. There are many different variations of this electric egg cooker on the market. Be sure to watch for one that has the built-in turn off so the buzzer doesn’t keep going. My unit from Aldi does that and I am actually looking for a new egg cooker to demo. I just purchased a new egg cooker from Amazon and I hope to have a review up as soon as it arrives.
NOTE: I do have a few Amazon Affiliate links where I make a small precent if you purchase from that link. I appreciate your support so please consider. These are my ‘ads’ that help fund my website and network.
I am willing to bet you’ve been eating Deviled Eggs for as long as I have. Share your story with me. I’d love to hear what additional ingredients you have used in the past. Be sure to comment on my post or leave a message on my contact page.
Happy Deviled Eggs Making,