In this post I am sharing my super easy to cook up Vegetable and Beef Soup Recipe. This recipe calls for an electric pressure cooker so I hope you have one! Enjoy the easy soup that will warm you up inside and out.
Vegetable and Beef Soup Recipe
This soup is a broth base and you can add additional vegetables that your family enjoys. Using a large beef bone that has beef on is from a butcher shop. Mine is from the beef we order locally from farm. The process for this recipe involves cooking the beef bone down for better flavor. That meat can be used in a stew or soup. Today I am making soup so be sure to scroll down and read the difference between soup and stew.
Ingredients for Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
As always, you can scroll down for the exact ingredients in the print version of the recipe.
- Beef stew meat
- Olive oil
- sweet onion
- yellow potato
- beef broth
- Dried herbs – basil, oregano, and thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Green beans
- Frozen corn
- fresh parsley (optional)
Don’t forget to be creative and use what you have on hand therefore, the recipe is always fresh. I always have the basic fresh vegetables in my kitchen as a result this recipe is made often. Potatoes, onions, carrots and celery are in my grocery cart at almost every visit during the cooler months. Explore season cubes such has beef bouillon rather than containers of broth. The bouillon cubes have a long shelf life and are easy to keep on hand.
Vegetable and Beef Soup Recipe
It’s the perfect hearty soup filled with tender shredded beef and nutritious vegetable. Plus, it is a versatile recipe so feel free to replace veggies with what you have on hand.
- 1lbs of beef on soup bone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chopped sweet onion
- 3 large chopped into bite size pieces of carrots
- 2 large chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in olive oil (can)
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups of yellow potatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 cup of corn
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat to sauté onions.
- Add celery and garlic – sauté for about 5 minutes with onions before adding beef ( be sure to use soup bone with meat on it);
- Add 1 cup of water before adding the carrots and potatoes.
- Season with herbs listed or your favorite dried herbs for beef.
- Cook for about 35 minutes in Electric Pressure Cooker or follow manufactures directions for beef roast. Let the meat self release – turn off warming function. Remove promptly.
- Once the meat can be easily handled – strain everything out of the electric pressure cooker and sit bone with beef attached to side.
- In the pot bring 5 cups of beef broth to a boil before adding about 1 cup of the strained broth sat aside earlier. Test to see if you need salt and pepper.
- Carefully add the strained vegetables.
- Cut the beef off of the bone and add shredded or bite size pieces to the pot bringing back to a simmer.
- Slowly stir in frozen corn and green beans and bringing back up to a slow simmer.
- Stir in fresh cut parsley (if desired) and serve warm with a roll.
Notes: This recipe makes 6 Servings Stew is a thicker base meal compared to soup being a broth base.