Childhood memories from in the Midwest include a Sunday afternoon gathered at the table with family to enjoy Grandmas’ Beef Roast. This recipe share today is favorite comfort food you can make year-round: Brens’ Easy Slow Cook Pot Roast Recipe
Brens’ Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites especially on a cool day I am working in the garden. It is so nice to walk in the house after working in the garden and smell this amazing recipe cooking away. Be sure to take advantage of the printable recipe option.
This recipe also works great in an instant pot. You can use the slow cook option on that appliance. When using the instant pot you can brown the roast in the instant pot before adding all the ingredients and programming the device to slow cooker. After getting an instant pot my slow cooker hardly gets used for roast any more.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe Video
In the quick video below I share a few steps that will make this recipe go super quick for you. This recipe can also be created in the Instant Pot. Be sure to connect with me if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Video found on my Bren Haas YouTube Channel. If you click over there be sure to follow me!
In the Kitchen
Below are some of the highlights of this recipe. I LOVE food and the photos to this slow cooker pot roast recipe tell all.
Before adding the Beef Roast to the Crock Pot a few simple steps are taken. Below you will find a photo collection of what I do.
In the Crock Pot
Pot Roast Recipe
- 2.5 pound rump roast
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large carrots cut into big chunks
- 1 medium onion – sliced
- 2 cups of sliced fresh baby portobella mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- In large skillet brown up 2 tablespoons of butter or 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, garlic salt – carefully cover the beef roast by flipping the meat in the mix.
- After covering the beef discard the flour mix.
- Add diced onion and mushroom to the slow cooker.
- Once all sides of the roast are brown in skillet carefully put the drippings and roast into the slow cooker.
- Add 1/2 cup of beef broth to slow cooker.
- Cook the roast on High for about 4 hours before adding the carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker. You can add the vegetables with the roast if you are unable to add them 1/2 way through cooking time.
- Roast should fall apart with a fork when it is fully cooked. 2.5 roast usually takes about 6 hours to cook on high. You can also cook on medium for about 8 hours.
I’d love to hear what you add to your slow cooker for a great meal. Be sure to comment below or reach out on my contact page. Friends on Facebook shares some great recipes I can’t wait to try and share soon.
Happy Slow Cooker Meal Planning,