Things are always heating up in my kitchen whether it is hot pepper season or not. WE LOVE our hot sauces year-round so I was really excited to hear January 22, 2016 was National Hot Sauce Day. Hot sauce is one of the most popular food condiments and the fastest growing sectors within the condiment. Today I want to share with you a few facts and ideas on how to turn the heat up on your menu with Tabanero Hot Sauce.
- 56% of all households have hot sauce on their grocery lists!
- Over 150 registered Hot Sauce companies in the U.S. alone.
- Hot Sauce is over $1 billion industry!
Turn the Heat UP
What I love about Tabanero Hot Sauce is its bold flavorful without being to hot and overpowering. My whole family loves getting into the taste testing challenge when we find a new sauce. Judging by what is left in the bottle after the last few days the hot sauce picante is the favorite out of the three I’m reviewing today by Tabanero.
Great Ways to Use Hot Sauce
Here are a few of our favorite ways to use hot sauce in our home. Don’t be shy with Tabañero … pour it on! By the way – my college age kids add hot sauce to EVERYTHING!
- Serve with breakfast on scrambled eggs and side of skillet potatoes
- Toss steamed veggies with hot sauce
- In favorite dips like guacamole, salad and cheese dips
- Dash of hot sauce with butter on grilled corn on the cob
- Mix cold beer with fresh squeezed lime juice and a few dashes of hot sauce
- hot sauce in ketchup with a side of fries
Tabañero is a 100% all-natural hot sauce that everyone can enjoy, meeting the criteria of being vegan, gluten free, and non-vinegar based. The award-winning product can be found in over 4,000 restaurants nationwide (the hot sauce of choice for Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville restaurants), online and in grocery and specialty stores across the United States and Canada
Tabanero is all natural, gluten free and low in sodium. Unlike most hot sauces, it’s not vinegar based so the flavorful zest still remains even when cooking with it. The Tabanero team has dedicated taste testers to ensure the quality and flavor always meet the standards of being “The Most Flavorful Hot Sauce in the World”. – From Tabanero.com