One of our favorite meals just lost a few pounds! This Sweet BBQ Chicken Brat with Rice Recipe is amazing! Seriously, we use to use pork to create the sweet bbq and rice meal. NOTE the substitute to cut carbs even more at the bottom of this blog post. In today’s post I share my thoughts on the chicken brats I found at Aldi and are popping up everywhere. You won’t believe it they are chicken.
Sweet BBQ Chicken Brats on Rice Recipe
You are gonna love this easy to create a recipe using my sweet BBQ sauce. I have to note the image above is not mine – it is from Canva .com
This recipe was inspired by Chicken Brats!
Shhh…. make it even more healthy by using a riced cauliflower instead of rice. You can find cauliflower rice in the freezer department at most stores. If you can’t find it riced it is super easy to mix up a batch from frozen cauliflower or fresh. Check out my easy recipe for Cauliflower Rice on my website.
Sweet BBQ Chicken Brats on Rice
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- Fully cooked chicken brats
- 1 cup of Brens’ homemade BBQ sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Cook the jasmine rice in steamer. set aside.
- Chop the chicken brat into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Heat skillet and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken brat and brown on each side. (about 6 minutes)
- Remove the brat pieces – set to side.
- Heat up homemade BBQ sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low, and allow to cook for about ten minutes.
- Add chicken brat pieces back into the skilled – move around until well coated with sauce.
- Scoop rice onto serving place topped with the tomato and chicken brat mix.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
In todays recipe I used a new chicken brat I found at Aldi that had sundried tomato and pesto in it.