On August 10-13 a group of amazing veggie garden bloggers made their way out to the West Coast to visit some amazing trial gardens filled with veggies. This group came from as far as the northern east coast in Canada to travel from Los Angeles up to Sacramento California in four days.
A group of some of the top veggie garden bloggers head to the west coast for the #veggietrials2015.
Veggie Trials 2015 Review with #NGBplantnerds
In the presentation below the National Garden Bureau Plant Nerds share their experience from the Veggie Trials 2015 road-trip.
Watch the Video on : Garden Chatter Presentations on Youtube.com
Meet The Veggie Garden Bloggers
- Diane Blazek is the executive director at All-America Selections and our fierce leader and driver for this event!
- Julie Thompson Adolf of JuliesGardenDelight.com is an obsessive organic gardener, local food lover, wrangler of kids and critters, nature nut, writer, and photographer. She owns Garden Delights, an organic business specializing in heirlooms and edible landscape design, located in Upstate South Carolina. Julie founded Garden Delights during the recession, as a forum to teach and empower local families to grow delicious, nutritious organic food to help feed their families while stretching their budgets.
- Niki Jabbour of NikiJabbour.com is a Horticulturist and the author of the best-selling, award-winning book, The Year Round Vegetable Gardener (2012 American Horticultural Society Book Award) and the recently released, Groundbreaking Food Gardens. Together, her books have sold over 100,000 copies globally and she is currently working on her next book, which also spotlights food gardening and will be published in 2016.
— Niki Jabbour (@NikiJabbour) August 12, 2015
- Beth Billstrom is the owner of www.MoreThanOregano.com an innovative website-company dedicated to inspiring small space gardeners. More Than Oregano is quickly becoming known for spicing up the garden life by delivering engaging visual content on herbs, veggies, flowers, pollinators, and vertical gardening techniques.
Plants, food and friends = Summer Veggie Trials #plantnerds #veggietrials2015 #toomuchfun #learning #growing #grownfromseed #easygrowing #panamericanseed A photo posted by Beth Billstrom (@morethanoregano) on
- Adam Cortell sharing because he is passionate about helping homeowners create the yard and garden of their dreams. Co:host of Garden Chatter every Tuesday and a 2nd grade school teacher who enjoys sharing his homestead at AdamCortell.com
- Bren Haas of BrenHaas.com I’m living and growing in zone 5b Ohio – daily networking online LIVE about my own home garden and others. I’m the co:host with Adam Cortell on Garden Chatter every Tuesday!
We got to eat some yummy food in California. Love this photo by Julie at JuliesGardenDelight.com the night we hung out at the Ocean and enjoyed an amazing dinner over Twitter #gardenchat with a few of the breeders from Pan American Seed Company.
Highlights From Garden Chatter with the NGBplantnerds
Gotta love those varieties this dedicated heirloom tomato grower fell in love with! Watch the entire Garden Chatter at : NGBplantnerds at #veggietrials2015
YES… Chocolate Sprinkles : Watch and find out more at replay NGBplantnerds at #veggietrials2015
More Images from The Event
Below are some of the images I uploaded from the trip to the West Coast for #VeggieTrials
Album is from : #VeggieTrials on FLickr
EXCITED TO GROW in 2016
**updated January 6,2016