One of my favorite holidays involves getting creative with hard boiled eggs. In this blog post I will share how to dye Easter Eggs Naturally.
No Extras – All Natural
I’m a huge fan of doing things naturally and I LOVE eggs and tea (obviously not together). Awesome folks over at Choice Organic Teas shared this extremely creative DIY project that I’m excited to share with you today.
Choice Tea Egg Dying DIY
Did you know that tea can provide great, unique colors for dying eggs? Using tea is a fun way to use what you’ve got in your pantry and avoid food coloring or other dyes.
Here’s what you’ll need for each cup of dye:
- 3 Tea Bags
- Hot Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar
- approximately 2 hours
Here are the teas we used for various colors in this post.
- Place three tea bags of desired color in each cup
- Pour hot water over the tea bags and steep the tea
- Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar in each cup
- Put one hard boiled egg in each cup for up to 2 hours to achieve desired color
- Immediately after removing the egg from the tea, apply a damp sponge to add texture to the color
- Experiment by adding blueberries or blackberries to some of your teas to create purples and blues
- Dip in vegetable oil to add a light sheen.
I’m so excited about this project I hope to do it Easter morning when my Niece visits. We are also going to be planting tomato seeds so I’ll be sure to share pictures on my Instagram and Twitter feed as well. What will you be doing this weekend? I would love to hear from you so please comment below or connect with me on my contact page.
Happy Easter Weekend Everyone,