This weekends favorite recipe was my yummy Berry Granola Delight which can be enjoyed any time of the day. This time of the year in the Midwest we are either enjoying Berries fresh from Florida or finishing up the berries we have frozen from last summers harvest. In this recipe I use my frozen blueberries that I harvest last year off of my bushes in the garden and some strawberries that were from Florida via my supermarket! Posting recipes like this is a good reminder of what is yet to come from the garden. If you don’t have any berry bushes now is the time to plant them so you can enjoy this recipe from your own harvest.
You will need 2 cups of blueberries, 1 cup of strawberries and a 16 oz. container of Vanilla Yogurt.
Granola Recipe I have been using for years is a perfect addition to my frozen blueberries and strawberries from the early summer harvest.
Yummy Granola Recipe
- 4 cups oats (I use multi-grain)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey (I use creamed honey)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces (or any other nut you like)
Directions for Granola:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put oats in a microwaveable bowl and cook for two minutes, stirring after one. (This warms the oats helping to melt all the ingredients together).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until very well blended.
- Pour mixture into two large oven safe dishes and bake for 20 minutes, stirring every five
- Spread on wax paper to cool.
SPRING has SPRUNG in my neck of the woods
I’m off to get some more of my seeds planted for Garden 2010. I hope to start my peppers and marigolds today. I hope you enjoy the start of a new week in April and as always, THANK YOU so much for stopping by my blog! – Bren ♥