Rainy spring day here in the BGgarden. The sun has not peaked out once today so I have not had to water the seedlings in the greenhouse. What better way to warm the family then by baking a fresh loaf of Italian bread and mixing up some creamy Alfredo sauce with ingredients from my garden.
Tonight I prepared a Shrimp Alfredo Dish that is loaded with squash and zucchini. You will want to start warming up the house by filling up your home with the fresh smells of Italian herbs loaded in my Alfredo Sauce.
30 min | 10 min prep
SERVES 4 -6
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (fresh when possible)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of my homemade pesto sauce
- Add water and broth into stock pan over medium heat.
- In a sauce pan start to melt the butter slowly adding the flour.
- as the butter and flour mix gradually add the half-and-half.
- Slowly add the water and broth mix to the sauce pan.
- Increase heat to medium / high and continue to stir to prevent scorching.
- Grad the Parmesan cheese over the pan after adding the pesto sauce.
Shrimp Veggie Harvest Alfredo over Spinach Noodles
- 1 pound of prepared (ready to eat with tails off) shrimp
- 3 medium zucchini ( sliced)
- 1 medium squash
- 1/2 cup small sweet Onion
- 3 cloves of garlic ( diced)
- Italian herbs ( I used fresh parsley and oregano from the Greenhouse tonight).
- Heat Olive Oil in large skillet.
- add the onion and garlic and begin to saute.
- once sauteed add the remaining veggies tossing lightly till medium. Do not over cook so that the veggies are soft.
- add Alfredo sauce and herbs bringing to a soft bubble.
- Put the shrimp on top of mix placing lid on for 5 minutes ( low flame on stove)
Serve on top of spinach noodles with a sprinkle of fresh cheese. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS!