This post is making me want to bake a cake to decorate for National Cake Decorating Day which happens to be today. When picking out cakes at my favorite bakery I always pick buttercream not only because I love the flavor on most any flavor cake but because it looks amazing after a few hours at an event or home party. making me hungry!
Saturday, October 3 is national cake decorating day. Owner of Vanille and baker, Sophie Evanoff, shares some of her best buttercream cake decorating tips and photos withe me today.
5 Tips for Buttercream Cakes
- Rustic buttercream- Easier to accomplish than a smooth sided cake and still looks professional.
- Add bought décor to cover up any problem areas. For example, chocolate décor, sugar flowers.
- Add nuts, sprinkles, chocolate curls to the side of cake, this will cover up any mishaps and don’t require a smooth finish.
- Add organic fresh flowers to any cake for a simple yet elegant touch.
- Combed finish- Makes any cake look even and finished.
Founded in 2002, Vanille specializes in French-inspired artisanal pastries, desserts, and cakes. Owned and operated by Sophie Evanoff, Vanille prides itself on its premier quality and taste. From the ever-popular French macarons to the freshly baked croissants and handmade chocolates and candies, every creation shows Vanille’s true dedication to its craft. Vanille currently operates two Chicago locations; one at 2108 N. Clark St. in Lincoln Park and one at the French Market located inside Ogilvie Metra Station at 131 N. Clinton Ave. A third store opens this September at 3243 N. Broadway in Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood. For more information, visit http://www.vanillepatisserie.
Thank you for stopping by my site today. How will you celebrate National Cake Decorating Day? I’d love to hear from you so please comment below.