Herbs To Consider Purchasing:
Each one of these herbs will grow in loose soil containers in a medium light window. Be sure to not over water!
My Favorite Stuffing Recipe featuring home grown herbs:
- 6cups cubed day-old corn bread
- 2 cups cubed day-old white bread crusts removed
- 1 lb. Italian pork sausage
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow finely chopped Onion
- 1 celery finely chopped stalk
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs :
sage, rosemary and thyme
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Butter a casserole pan
- Spread the corn bread and white bread out on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until light golden brown and dry to the touch, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, brown the sausage, stirring and crumbling with a fork, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil to the accumulated fat from sausage in the pan. Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring occasionally ( 7 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the bowl with the sausage. Add the corn bread and white bread, herbs and stock. Season with salt and pepper and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer the dressing to the prepared casserole pan, cover with lid and bake for 35 minutes. Remove lid and continue baking until browned and crispy, 35 to 40 minutes more. Serves up to 10 people
I hope you are having a wonderful week preparing for Thanksgiving celebrations. Be sure to take time to enjoy the garden during your busy time of the year to help rejuvenate and relieve stress by enjoying the green that will surround you.